Hi there, thanks for stopping by! My name is Inés Ramos, and I am a native Spaniard that works as an online language teacher—a job I am totally in love with! To learn more about my teaching, please go to my teaching website.
I started blogging to grow as a teacher, linguist and writer. I love sharing my passion for Spanish language and culture with people from all over the world (that's the reason why most of my posts are in English!). I have set as my goal the difficult—but exciting—task of sharing with you all sides of Spain's traditional culture as well as helping you with your Spanish language learning.
My blog is divided in two sections: one where you'll find all kinds of topics about my home country (from music, food and traditions to history and art) and another about Spanish language and literature that will help you learn Spanish in a fun, effective way.
When I'm not tutoring or blogging, I read and research. A good teacher is first and foremost a lifelong learner, so I'm always on the lookout for new topics and materials to add to my library and refresh my knowledge with. I also create and design resources for my students.
10 fun facts about myself:
- I am an introvert with a love for people.
- I love reading! I spent my entire childhood amongst books so I became a little know-it-all (think Hermione from Harry Potter). I am still a total bookworm, and books are my favorite birthday present.
- I'm a night owl. I often stay up until the wee hours working, reading or daydreaming. I love to do stuff while the rest of the world is sleeping.
- I love the smell of old books and libraries (see #2).
- I love the great outdoors. When life becomes overwhelming, I go to nature to relax, unwind and reconnect with myself.
- I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and for learning (anything and everything!). I'll always be a student at heart.
- I am both a cat and a dog person. Really, I am a furry-animal person.
- I'm a huge enthusiast of the English language and of all things British. I spent many summers in England and lived in London for a couple of years. Although I now live in the USA, I still consider the UK my second home.
- I'm a creative soul with a logical mind.
- I'm addicted to tea, chocolate and classical music!
If you have any comments/questions, you can connect with me at email@example.com.